Members of Gov. Greg Abbott's Texas Task Force on Concert Safety published the panel's final report on Tuesday (April 19), which outlines strategies and recommendations to protect concertgoers at future events, according to a press release issued by the governor's office.
The report came more than five months after a crowd crush killed 10 people and harmed more than 300 at rapper Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival in Houston.
The release said that the report is a culmination of a series of meetings and one-on-one discussions held by the task force, which consisted of safety experts, first responders, law enforcement and music industry representatives.
Abbott, a Republican, formed the group about a week following the Astroworld tragedy.
"I thank the Texas Task Force on Concert Safety for their commitment to safety and security for all concertgoers and for their collaboration with stakeholders on this critical report," he said, per the release. "The recommendations, findings and solutions detailed in this report will help the State of Texas prevent another tragedy like that at Astroworld Festival from happening again."
Houston CBS affiliate KHOU reported that the task force's recommendations include, but are not limited to: An event production guide or promoters, staff and first responders, the inclusion of a Concert Attendee Code of Conduct in the ticketing process and universal permitting template.
According to the governor's office, Texas Music Office Director Brendon Anthony oversaw the task force.
"From crowd control strategies and security measures to addressing controlled substances, this task force will develop meaningful solutions that will keep Texans safe while maximizing the joy of live music events,” the governor said at the time he announced the formation of the task force, per Austin CBS affiliate KEYE.
Except for an interview late last year with New York City radio DJ Charlamagne Tha God, Scott, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster II, has kept a low profile since Astroworld, the Houston Daily reported.
According to the publication, the 30-year-old rapper last month introduced a new multi-tier community initiative that seeks to devise solutions that support event safety called Project HEAL.
Scott, whose hits include "Sicko Mode" and "Goosebumps," has been implicated in numerous lawsuits arising from the night of Nov. 5, 2021.